Papadakis Shipyards Brokers & CO S.A. has been appointed by Sponge Jet (USA) as the Exclusive Representative / Distributor for Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and all Balkan Countries.
Sponge Blasting is a brand new, low cost, environmental-friendly technology which is considered as a breakthrough of the existing status in the preparation of all kind of surfaces.
Sponge Blasting replaces all conventional methods of surface preparation such as grid / sand / water blasting and mechanical tools.
Sponge Blasting uses 20 different Media (Types of Sponge) in order to provide:
- SURFACE CLEANNESS UP TO SA3!
- SURFACE PROFILE FROM 0 TO 100 + microns (± 4mils)
- REDUCES THE OXIDES
- DUST FREE! - maximum SPREAD 4 meters
- NO SIDE EFFECTS at anyone working / standing near the equipment and other work teams
- REUSABLE (RECYCLED) - IT REDUCES THE WASTE UP TO 90%
Sponge - Jet Technology can be used in all kind of surfaces for stainless and mild steel down to Aluminium - PVC - Wood - Marble etc., as well as the most confined and closed areas.
Sponge - Jet, with its Sponge Blasting Technology, is friendly to the human and the environment and as a result it is ALLOWED TO BE USED EVERYWHERE!
In the Marine Industry, Sponge Blasting is used to remove all types of marine coatings and industrial surfaces from the most difficult areas and at the same time to provide the IDEAL SURFACE PREPARATION. It can be used in Yachts - Military Vessels - Passenger Vessels - Commercial Vessels - Car Carriers – Submarines - Off Shore Rigs - Oil Platform etc.
In the Industry, Sponge Blasting is widely used at Power Stations (cleaning of Gas Turbine), Nuclear Stations, Refineries, Bridges, Burned buildings, Pipes etc.
Sponge Jet Applications at Commercial Vessels
- Erection welds and fit-out welds
- Bilges, ballast tanks and engineering spaces
- Areas typically prohibited to abrasive blasting (eg. near hydraulics, electronics, seals and bearings)
- Corrugated steel, non - ferrous metal surfaces, cargo hold - downs, deck perimeters and escape trunks
- Voids, sump pits, rudder stocks, scrappers, bridges wings and fairings
- Lub oil tanks, fresh, grey and potable water tanks